Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: waste
Sen. Tom Coburn's report on government waste details spending on 100 government projects, programs and initiatives at a cost of $18 billion. The report also points to potentially systemic issues affecting federal management, such as the lack of strategic sourcing in federal acquisition and the General Services Administration's outdated contract schedules.
Working group suggests CFC managers codify a ban on expenses for meals, beverages and entertainment. The recommendations follow an inspector general report that questioned more than $700,000 in spending, including a jazz band and chair massages.
The leaders of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee gave the acting GSA administrator 21 days to answer 41 multi-part questions about the agency's efforts to prevent waste, fraud and abuse following the now infamous Western Regions Conference. Senators also recommended the agency review all other recent GSA conferences for possible problems.
Tags: Dan Tangherlini , Brian Miller , Susan Collins , Joseph Lieberman , GSA , conference spending , fraud , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee , financial management , Shakeup at GSA , Ruben Gomez
Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.) has sponsored legislation to revive the fast-track authority requested by President Barack Obama. Other senators, however, want more details before signing off on the plan that, in part, would allow the President to merge overlapping business- and trade-related agencies.
Tags: GAO , duplication , Tom Coburn , Senate , Senate Homeland and Governmental Affairs Committee , Joe Lieberman , Susan Collins , Patricia Dalton , Danny Werfel , USTR , Emily Kopp , Barack Obama , management , government reorganizatio , workforce
Cutting back on excess dollar-coins, tackling Medicare prescription drug abuse and prosecuting procurement fraud are just some of the ways the White House says agencies cut back on government waste in 2011.
June 18, 2009
H.R. 5013 is aimed at waste, fraud and abuse.
Unless changes are made "the United States faces new waves of waste in Iraq and Afghanistan" according to the Commission on Wartime Contracting. USAID, the Departments of Defense and State are singled out in a new commission report for their inadequate planning.