Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: volunteers
New veterans from around the country come to Washington this weekend to launch a new mission. They have pledged to spend at least six months volunteering, starting with a community service project at a Southeast DC middle school. Meredith Knopp is vice president of programs for Mission Continues. She told Tom Temin and Emily Kopp about the veteran's volunteer work on the Federal Drive.
Author and Center for American Progress visiting fellow Shirley Sagawa brings us her ideas.
Researchers at North Dakota State University have noticed a 10 percent decline in the number of volunteer firefighters since the 1980s, leaving many rural and suburban fire services stretched to the limit.
Volunteers, the Maryland Department of Natural Resources and the National Park Service are trying to put together a rescue to save as many of these fish as possible.