Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: veterans preference
The total number of veterans employed by the Federal Government increased to 462,744 in FY 2007, while the number of disabled veterans holding Federal jobs increased to 103,180 in FY 2007.
Senate passes a bill that calls for many of the same changes the administration is asking for. House committee wants more answers about how the reforms would affect the hiring of veterans. OPM promises more answers in 90 days.
Tags: pay and benefits , John Berry , Stephen Lynch , Jason Chaffetz , Eleanor Holmes-Norton , Daniel Akaka , George Voinovich , OPM , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , VA , NTEU , hiring reforms , USAJobs.gov , Federal Career Internship Program , Jason Miller