Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: veterans
Jonah Czerwinski, the director of the Va's Innovation Initiative and a senior adviser to the Veterans Affairs secretary joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss a pilot program giving veterans access to virtual doctor's visits.
Agencies are increasing the number of disabled veterans in their ranks as they try to fulfill White House hiring mandates. But there's still a lot of unease about how disabled vets will fit into civilian environments. "The civilian workplace is a really bizarre place" for veterans, said workforce and diversity consultant Lisa Stern at a recent training she gave federal hiring officials in Bethesda.
Lawmakers want an inspector general investigation to see how long veterans must wait for mental health treatment.
President Barack Obama has telephoned 10 U.S. service members stationed abroad to wish them a happy Thanksgiving and praise their military service.
President Obama signs bipartisan bill that will help The President says it will help about 850,000 veterans who are currently unemployed and tens of thousands who are returning from Iraq and Afghanistan in the coming months.
President Barack Obama will sign into law Monday legislation giving tax breaks to companies that hire unemployed veterans.
Kelly O'Connor, president of Efiia Cares, shares details of the program.