Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: veterans
The Veterans Affairs Department denies claims that systems or data are in danger. But Jerry Davis, the former deputy assistant secretary for information security in VA's Office of Information and Technology, asserts in documents that he was bullied into signing security certifications that were deficient as a condition of his departure from VA for a new job at NASA.
Tags: exclusive , technology , cybersecurity , management , VA , Jerry Davis , Stephen Warren , Roger Baker , Mike Michaud , House Veterans Affairs Committee , Senate Veterans Affairs Committee , Jason Miller , information security
American Corporate Partners Founder Sidney Goodfriend and Phillip Selleh, program manager for the VA Business Accelerator will discuss how their organizations are helping returning veterans find jobs and start businesses.
May 24, 2013
Tags: workforce , Sidney Goodfriend , American Corporate Partners , mentoring , Phillip Selleh , VA Accelerator Program , veterans employment , hiring , Veterans-owned businesses , Derrick Dortch , Fed Access
Veterans waiting more than a year for a decision on their disability claims are moving to the front of the line, under a new program announced Friday.
Veterans service organizations say despite attempts at improvement, the Department of Veterans Affairs' verification process for veteran-owned small businesses is still barring legitimate firms from contracts with the department, while doing little to deter actual fraud.
Tags: VA , Congress , acquisition , acquisition policy , SDVOSB , Service-disabled veteran owned small business , Joe Wynn , Davy Leghorn , Mark Goldschmitt , Center for Veterans Enterprise , Jared Serbu
Jay Teachman is a sociology professor at Western Washington University. His paper, due for publication later this year in the journal Armed Forces & Society finds that the veteran population is getting smaller, but it's also becoming more and more concentrated in a relative handful of geographic locations. He discussed the findings and their implications with Federal News Radio's Jared Serbu.
Host Derrick Dortch hosts a roundtable discussion of veteran's issues, with representatives from the Veterans of Foreign Wars.
January 11, 2013(Encore presentation January 25, 2013)
Tags: workforce , VFW , disabled vets , claims processing , veterans issues , Veterans hiring , veterans care , Congress , Joe Davis , Ryan Gallucci , Gerald Manar , Derrick Dortch , Fed Access , veteran employment , veteran issues , veterans with disabilities , veterans retirement benefits , Veterans of Foreign Wars , Department of Veterans Affairs
Col. Jeremy Martin, commandant of the Defense Information School, talks about the most recent graduating class. Merry Korn, CEO of Pearl Interactive Network, discusses how her company is helping veterans find work. AFGE National President J. David Cox talks about the ratification of the TSA's first-ever collective bargaining agreement. Freedom Alliance President Tom Kilgannon discusses efforts to transition veterans back into civilian life.