Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: unions
The New York Times reports that budget problems have states turning to curb the influence of unions, especially ones representing government workers.
Best of interview with TSA Administrator John Pistole shortly after he joined the agency.
Congress is back in town today after an extended summer break. What it'll find, in addition to a stack of unfinished business, is the career federal workforce which has been toiling away keeping things running.
Federal unions cannot bargain over pay, holidays, vacation time or other federal fringe benefits. Yet tens of thousands of government workers belong to them. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says there are a number of good reasons why so many pay dues when they don't have to.
Last year groups representing active and retired federal workers flexed their muscle as never before, and got results! But Senior Correspondent Mike Causey notes the question for many is whether unions are dynamos or dinosaurs.
This week, attorney Bill Bransford talks with representatives from the National Federation of Federal Employees, the International Federation of Professional & Technical Engineers and the International Brotherhood of Teamsters.
Feb. 5, 2010
Does it help or hurt union members and their fellow federal workers when government unions endorse a presidential candidate? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey's mailbag has votes from readers.
Tags: political endorsements ,
Why is voting for a particular political candidate the equivalent of jumping off a tall building without a parachute? A top federal union leader tells Senior Correspondent Mike Causey he has the answer.
Tags: union endorsement