Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: unified agenda
President Barack Obama's pick to head the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (OIRA) pledged to clear up delays in the regulatory process if confirmed by the Senate. Appearing before the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee Wednesday, Howard Shelanski said improving the timeliness of OIRA's work -- which has come in for criticism from Republican lawmakers and transparency groups, alike -- is among his top priorities.
While Darrell Issa, chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, criticized the Obama administration for turning in the Unified Agenda nine months late, one researcher says its more important to focus on the contents of the document rather than the timing of its release.
Tags: Unified Agenda , Darrell Issa , Jerry Ellig , George Mason University , Mercatus Center , regulations , Obama administration , deregulation , management , Congress , Federal Drive , Michael OConnell
Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs administrator Cass Sunstein sent two memos to agencies telling them to take specific steps to improve and reduce duplication in new and existing rules.