Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: unemployment
Poppy Harlow, anchor for CNNMoney.com
The new year isn't only looking brighter from increased daylight, but the slowly recovering economy is also yielding a growing number of area jobs.
Two days before Christmas, Richard, Susan, and their two-year-old daughter Zoe were moving into an 'Operation Homefront Village,' a set of apartments at the Crossings at Washingtonian Center in Gaithersburg.
For many people, the perfect Christmas gift this year would be a job. And there are some encouraging signs for job hunters around the D.C. area.
A graphic from the New York Times shows how the employed and unemployed spend their days.
This may not be solace to you if you are out of work, but the D.C. area continues to do better with employment than most of the country and one local county is promoting that heavily.
Frederick County's unemployment rate is usually better than Maryland's and the nation's, according to local economic development and business staffing sources.
Rising unemployment has left Americans with more spare time.
With high unemployment rates, the competition for teenagers trying to find summer jobs on Delaware's beaches is stiffer than ever.
Applicants for police and fire jobs can't pass the fitness tests.
Tags: fitness ,