Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: unemployment
Washington attorney John Mahoney, and Federal Times writers Stephen Losey and Sean Reilly answer your questions about sequestration and furloughs.
February 20, 2013
Tags: pay and benefits , sequestration , furloughs , budget debate , budget battle , TSP , retirement , pay freeze , pension liability , John Mahoney , Sean Reilly , Stephen Losey , Federal Times , Mike Causey , Your Turn
It's the first major overhaul of the program in 20 years. Among the changes, the Air Force is offering three "paths" for airmen — an educational to go back to school, a small business path to become an entrepreneur and a vocational technical path.
Lurita Doan's "12 Days of Consider This"
The Labor Department is turning to the public for ideas to help people find jobs. Labor is offering up to $35,000 for an app that helps unemployed people find the right career path.
The American Legion's Joseph Sharpe explains why vets continue to struggle to find work as the nation's overall jobless rate declines.
D.C. Mayor Vince Gray points to job training as the key to lowering the city's unemployment rate, and he's looking to the federal government for help.
Jill Schlesinger, editor-at-large for CBS MoneyWatch.com
Unemployment benefits as well as other help is available for federal employees to help pay their bills in the event of a shutdown.
The deadline to file taxes is next month, and for more than 10 million people getting unemployment benefits, there are some things to know.