Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: tuition
One area of defense spending that doesn't get a lot of attention is the hundreds of millions of dollars spent each year on tuition assistance for servicemembers. As DoD tightens its purse strings, the department wants to increase its oversight of for-profit, online college degree programs.
The Maryland State Board of Elections has validated more than 47,000 signatures in an effort to overturn legislation allowing certain illegal immigrants to pay in-state college tuition.
Students at Virginia's community colleges will see tuition and fees rise by at least $9.50 per credit hour for the 2011-12 school year.
If you're still looking ahead to paying for that education, you might get some help from your Thrift Savings Plan account.
Opponents of a new law that gives tuition breaks to illegal immigrants have to collect more than 55,000 signatures by the end of June in order to force a referendum.
Opponents of the newly passed Maryland Dream Act to provide in-state college tuition to undocumented students Friday circulated petitions aimed at launching a campaign to put a referendum repealing the law on the 2012 ballot.
"We need to make sure we are getting the best bang for our bucks across all aspects of the federal government," said Sen. Tom Carper, D-Del.
How would you like to have 20 children in college at the same time? Could you handle it? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says that some very generous feds have been handling it very well for a long time