Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: trash
Hundreds of artists and art enthusiasts are expected to fill Carroll Creek Linear Park this weekend, but their trash is not destined for the county landfill.
A Fairfax County incinerator handles a million tons of garbage a year and produces enough energy to light 80,000 homes. Now the county has to decide whether to buy one of the largest incinerators in the country from the company that owns it.
Beginning later this year, Project Kaisei will collect debris from the ocean which Covanta Energy will use to test a new waste-to-fuel technology.
Your trash could give you clues as to where you are wasting money. A featured speaker at Tuesday's Alice Ferguson Foundation's annual trash summit suggests conducting a trash autopsy.
Rosslyn's Big Belly® trash compactors eliminate four out of five trash collection trips.
The group, called Pick Up America is walking across the U.S., cleaning up trash and educating people about reducing plastic waste in communities and waterways.
A pilot program would create a volume-based or weight-based system, where customers are charged more for throwing away more trash, and less for recycling more.
The Maryland General Assembly has been reluctant to raise taxes in an election year, but 39 legislators across both chambers are co-sponsoring an act that would place a 5-cent tax on disposable carryout bags.