Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: transportation
Two thousand federal transportation workers have the day off without pay. And the Obama administration says they should blame Kentucky Sen. Jim Bunning. Bunning blocked passage of legislation last week that would have extended federal highway and transit programs that expired at midnight.
Thousands of Transportation Department staffers here in Washington and across the country face another day of furloughs today, and possibly the rest of the week. It's all because of a legislative stalemate in the United States Senate.
Fairfax County is just as interested as Montgomery County to see how the 'burbs stack up against each other.
President Obama's Executive Order on distracted driving will prohibit more than 4 million federal employees from texting behind the wheel while working or while using government vehicles and communications devices. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood says he's on a rampage about the issue.
February 9th, 2009
Federal management to remain priority in next administration
In just a few weeks, both spans of the bridge are expected to be carrying five lanes of traffic each way. Right now there are only three lanes open in each direction.