Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: transportation
Gov. Bob McDonnell says the money could start flowing next year.
Two thousand federal transportation workers have the day off without pay. And the Obama administration says they should blame Kentucky Sen. Jim Bunning. Bunning blocked passage of legislation last week that would have extended federal highway and transit programs that expired at midnight.
Thousands of Transportation Department staffers here in Washington and across the country face another day of furloughs today, and possibly the rest of the week. It's all because of a legislative stalemate in the United States Senate.
Fairfax County is just as interested as Montgomery County to see how the 'burbs stack up against each other.
President Obama's Executive Order on distracted driving will prohibit more than 4 million federal employees from texting behind the wheel while working or while using government vehicles and communications devices. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood says he's on a rampage about the issue.
February 9th, 2009
Federal management to remain priority in next administration
In just a few weeks, both spans of the bridge are expected to be carrying five lanes of traffic each way. Right now there are only three lanes open in each direction.