Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: training
Federal employees are eligible for a free one-day training session in early November on implementing continuous monitoring. The goal is to help agencies make good use of the continuous diagnostics and monitoring contract DHS awarded in August.
Kathryn Sullivan, the acting under secretary of Commerce for Oceans and Atmosphere, sent an email to staff today announcing she was lifting the hiring freeze ban on non-mandatory training NOAA put in place last year to offset the impact of sequestration.
Air Force's new civilian leader returns from tour of the service's nuclear sites with a dim assessment of the workforce's leader development and training culture. In 60 days, the service will recommend an action plan to the Pentagon.
The National Defense University's Information Resources Management College offers 12 certificate courses and a master's of science degree in government information leadership to help current and future CIOs sharpen their technology and management skills.
January 23, 2014
The Transportation Department is using 360-degree reviews and executive coaching to help members of the Senior Executive Service become better leaders. DoT is focusing on leadership, in part, because it was one of the areas of improvement highlighted in the Employee Viewpoint Survey.
A new memo from OFPP Administrator Joe Jordan outlines eight changes since 2007. Among the major changes is the requirement for program and project managers to meet all the certification prerequisites.
Like many agencies, National Park Service is facing many challenges during tight budgetary times. Chief among NPS' challenges is how to train its next generation of leaders.
Twelve years of warfighting has left the military's generals and admirals without the necessary training and experience to deal with their new roles as enterprise managers.
Reopening the government isn't going to be just like flipping on a switch. he repercussions of the shutdown will be felt for a long time to come.
Joe Jordan, the Office of Federal Procurement Policy administrator, said the Federal Acquisition Council on Training will oversee several initiatives, including developing a new contract for all agencies to buy acquisition training from. He said the Federal Acquisition Institute Training Application System eventually will be a one-stop shop for all acquisition workforce training needs.