Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: training
The Partnership for Public Service has created a new federal HR emerging leaders forum, bringing together HR leaders from across the government. John Palguta, vice president for policy at the Partnership, shares details about the forum.
The Wounded Warrior Project is a new collaboration among Raytheon, Cisco - it offers wounded veterans a chance to learn computer and cybersecurity skills. Bob Connors, project director, talks with Federal News Radio about the details.
Blogger Yasmin Fodil offers five tips to train future leaders in technology and Gov 2.0.
Raytheon and Cisco are joining up to expand the Wounded Warrior Project. The programs they are sponsoring make it easier for wounded servicemen and women to re-enter the workplace with the skills they need to become cybersecurity professionals.
InfoSecurity reports that most government organizations feel like they don't have neough software security training.
Northrop Grumman, the nation's largest security contractor has joined forced with the University of Maryland Baltimore County to launch a new cybersecurity program.
Andrew Krzmarzick writes in the GovLoop blog about how collaboration tools have changed the way that workers learn.
Tags: Andrew Krzmarzick , GovLoop , The New Social Learning , social media , technology , management , McKinsey Quarterly , Must Reads , Dorobek Insider , Quy Huy , Andrew Shipilov , Harvard Business Review
Booz Allen Hamilton is partnering with the University of Maryland University College to provide three online graduate certifications in cybersecurity.
Agencies and industry are trading employees with specific technology skills, but in the end both need to increase the overall workforce. One expert calls for the professionalization of cybersecurity workers. Agencies are finding new ways to recruit these in-demand employees.
Tags: technology , management , Phil Reitinger , Kevin Cooley , DHS , Navy , Jim Lewis , Susan Aldridge , CSIS , University of Maryland , Deloitte , cybersecurity , cybersecurity workforce , Jason Miller
The Army and the Department of Veterans Affairs entered into a formal agreement that will allow workers at Arlington National Cemetery to enroll in the VA's National Cemetery Administration Training Center, according to a DoD release.