Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: tobacco
Getting to the heart (and lungs) of the matter
Tags: Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids ,
The head of cigarette maker Philip Morris International Inc. told a cancer nurse Wednesday that while cigarettes are harmful and addictive, it is not that hard to quit.
Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell said Tuesday he was not aware of a whistle-blowing letter delivered to his office that would have alerted him to the actions of a convicted embezzler.
Tags: Bob McDonnell , John W. Forbes II , Virginia Finance Secretary , Virginia , Tobacco farmers , tobacco commission , Virginia Tobacco Indemnification and Community Rev , Paul D. Shinkman , Mark Segraves
Tobacco use is the leading cause of premature death, with almost 17 percent of deaths linked to smoking. Other potentially fatal lifestyle choices also appear in the report. Diet and physical activity along with alcohol consumption combine for nearly 20 percent of all preventable deaths.