Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: terrorism
As authorities continue to investigate the crash of flight Air FRance flight 477, there appeared to have been for a time a possibility of some connection with Islamist terrorism. According to the L'Express.fr website, French intelligence services discovered two names corresponding to people known for their link with Islamist terrorism" on the passenger list of the Airbus plane which crashed into the sea between Rio de Janeiro and Paris. But reportedly the individuals were not on the same ones on the French terrorism watch list.
Officials have charged a North Carolina man with supporting terrorism by recruiting people to fight overseas. Daniel Boyd is charged with providing material support to terrorism. Six others have been arrested. The Justice Department says Boyd, who is a US citizen, trained in Afghanistan and fought there between 1989 and 1992, and when he returned to the United States he recruited others.
CNN's Brian Todd brings us the latest.
National Security Correspondent JJ Green learns that stopping these kinds of attacks depends on something called "evolving intelligence."
Homeland Security today's David Silverberg discusses how priorities may change with the new GOP chairman of the committee.
Homeland Security Today's David Silverberg looks forward at the homeland security agenda in 2011.
CNN's Brian Todd told the DorobekINSIDER that local police are getting tools to help in homeland security.
WFED's Jared Serbu brings details of DHS' new anti-terrorism program.
The New York Times reports that Operation Global Shield is not stopping all ammonium nitrate -- a key bomb-making ingredient -- from entering Afghanistan.