Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: telework
Agency CIO Casey Coleman explains how she's going to do it.
WFED's Max Cacas reports.
Federal, state and local governments are looking at what worked -- and what didn't -- when it came to having employees telework during the storm. Federal News Radio learns how Arlington County was able to continue operations remotely, despite snowy and dangerous conditions outside.
We get analysis Chuck Wilsker, President and CEO of the Telework Coalition.
The government wasn't totally shut down during the storm; OPM says 30% of employees teleworked.
WFED's Max Cacas has more.
This week, host Jason Miller talks with Diane Herdt about GSA's initiative to use technology to improve the energy efficiencies of the buildings the government owns.
November 18, 2010 (Encore Presentation)
Census Bureau CIO Brian McGrath said the agency is conducting 60 American Community Surveys online. Census also wants offices to virtualize all applications unless they can justify why it wouldn't work.
May 11, 2011
DISA has also begun hosting town hall meetings about the transition, as well.
Agency details four broad areas it wants to focus on to improve federal human resources processes. OPM also calls for specific changes around hiring reform, telework, security clearances and retirement processing.