Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: telework
Kevin O'Brien, a human resources specialist in the Social Security Administration's Office of the Inspector General, was nominated for leading the organization's telework initiative.
John Palguta, vice president of Policy at the Partnership for Public Service talks about efforts to bring in young workers to the federal government, and whether telework is a viable option for some federal employees.
July 13, 2012(Encore presentation August 3, 2012)
Tom Simmons of Citrix discusses the technological challenges facing teleworkers. Dave Romano of the Army Corps of Engineers talk about the Asian Carp. Steve Redburn, former senior executive, Office of Management and Budget,discusses the current stalemate on Capitol Hill and Dr. Paul Ceruzzi of the Smithsonian Air and Space museum looks at the historical significance of Telstar.
The system will automatically collect information about how often federal employees telework and for how long. The change will paint a more accurate, detailed picture of federal employees' teleworking habits.
Some managers find it difficult to lead employees working outside of the building. But hesitant leaders can find comfort in setting realistic expectations based on information gathered while employees are in the office.
Who are the "problem teleworkers?" Is a certain age group more likely to abuse the privilege of teleworking? Take the poll and tell us if you believe a particular age group is the most likely to abuse teleworking?
Tags: OPM ,
OPM sends Congress 2011 report on number of employees teleworking. This is the first report since the Telework Enhancement Act of 2010 became law. PTO, GSA, HHS, Education and Treasury are among the leaders in percentage of eligible employees working outside the office.
With the Washington, D.C., region still recovering from last Friday's storm, the Office of Personnel Management has updated its operating status for Friday, say that Washington, D.C., areas are open. Employees should report to their worksites or begin teleworking on time.
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
While some federal agencies in Washington, D.C., struggled to get their work done on Monday due to power outages caused by a recent storm, thousands of Patent and Trademark Office employees worked remotely as part of the agency's successful teleworking plan.