Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: telework
During this Public Service Recognition Week, officials across the federal government are aware of the need to attract and retain the best and brightest workers. But how do you do that for a new generation of workers who have expectations and needs beyond a paycheck and some good benefits? The Office of Personnel Management offered details on one of their new workplace initiatives for a Senate committee on Tuesday.
When it comes to teleworking, is your boss with the program or is he or she still waiting to celebrate the 21st century? Congress is looking for been-there-done-that teleworking experience and Senior Correspondent Mike Causey has examples of what does and does not work.
Special advisor the President Kareem Dale is refocusing agency efforts to make sure Web sites and other technology meets the accessibility law. The CIO Council also is looking at technology issues for people with disabilities. Dale says Justice also is working on a new survey of how agencies are complying with Section 508.
OPM, GSA, Interior hold fair in Washington to educate employees about being greener. GSA administrator Johnson says it takes a collaborative approach to be more efficient. OPM director Berry calls for more telework to save energy.
Friday and Monday are the most popular telework days in government. So are you doing your thing from your home computer or are you at work work? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey's got the latest saga in the telework marathon.
Phase 1 has already begun in expanding telework in the federal government.
Federal retirees didn't get a cost of living adjustment this year. What's the outlook for a COLA in 2011? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey rates the chances as somewhere between slim and none.
To really hit home with telework, experts say the quality of video must improve.
OPM's workplace flexibility pilot program takes shape in Washington and Pennsylvania.
Are you one of those wage slaves who spend hours each week commuting to work? If so help may be maybe on the way. Maybe. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey updates teleworking.