Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: telework
The differences between federal workers and the private sector can be seen in the way they look at telework.
Experts say nothing will matter unless agency managers buy-in to the idea that telework is an operational advantage.
The next challenge for supporters of teleworking in the government has nothing to do with laptops, laws or cybersecurity. Instead, experts say that challenge will be to convince the recalcitrant manager in the office down the hall, who doesn't like the idea.
Tags: management , Danette Campbell , OPM , John Berry , Coalition for Effective Change , Partnership for Public Service , PTO , GSA , Margaret Higgins , NTEU , Kurt Vondran , Max Cacas , Rachel Stevens , pay and benefits
In case of emergency, do you know what your telework options are? OPM says NOW is the time to find out.
A new report from the Partnership for Public Service and Booz Allen Hamilton outlines the importance of telework, and what the federal government can do to increase the amount of feds to telecommute. We get details from Booz Allen Hamilton Senior Vice President Abe Zwany.
Veterans Affairs is looking for a virtual call center prototype.
Agencies, such as PTO and Transportation, provide success stories for senior leaders. But telework also is hindered by the lack of comparable resources at home versus the office.
Telework's beginning as an emergency response has a happy ending.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention take home a Tele-Vision Award.
Not surprising: Telecommuters balance work and family life better than office workers. Surprising: Even while sometimes squeezing in a couple extra days' worth of work each week.