Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: telework
The next challenge for supporters of teleworking in the government has nothing to do with laptops, laws or cybersecurity. Instead, experts say that challenge will be to convince the recalcitrant manager in the office down the hall, who doesn't like the idea.
Tags: management , Danette Campbell , OPM , John Berry , Coalition for Effective Change , Partnership for Public Service , PTO , GSA , Margaret Higgins , NTEU , Kurt Vondran , Max Cacas , Rachel Stevens , pay and benefits
In case of emergency, do you know what your telework options are? OPM says NOW is the time to find out.
A new report from the Partnership for Public Service and Booz Allen Hamilton outlines the importance of telework, and what the federal government can do to increase the amount of feds to telecommute. We get details from Booz Allen Hamilton Senior Vice President Abe Zwany.
Veterans Affairs is looking for a virtual call center prototype.
Agencies, such as PTO and Transportation, provide success stories for senior leaders. But telework also is hindered by the lack of comparable resources at home versus the office.
Telework's beginning as an emergency response has a happy ending.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention take home a Tele-Vision Award.
Not surprising: Telecommuters balance work and family life better than office workers. Surprising: Even while sometimes squeezing in a couple extra days' worth of work each week.
A lot goes in to setting up an effective home office.
The Senate approves a bill designed to expand telework in the federal government. The Telework Enhancement Act would create an assumption in agencies that employees are eligible to telework. We get an update from American Banker's Jodi Schneider.