Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: telecommuting
Federal News Radio has learned that the federal government will be closed on Wed., Feb. 10, 2010. OPM Director John Berry talked earlier this week about how his makes his decision and about why he thinks teleworking is more important than ever.
A new survey from FedScoop shows that the federal government is still really lacking when compared to the private sector in terms of empowering employees to telework.
Now that the worst of the weather has passed, the Office of Personnel Management and the Obama administration are looking at lessons learned regarding the federal government's teleworking policies.
Authors Evan Offstein and Jason Morwick explain how you can make telework really work for you.
Car Free Day tries to encourage people to get around without using cars.
Federal News Radio told you about OPM's pilot program, ROWE, which would let certain feds work whenever they want, from wherever they want. The Daily Debrief has analysis as to why this program could change the way the federal government does business.
Berry tells Federal News Radio that he considered many factors before deciding to call for a delayed opening/unscheduled leave. He stressed that he was under no political pressure to do so, and expressed his desire to use the entire week as a reason to push for an increase in teleworking throughout the federal government.