Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: telecommuting
Federal News Radio has learned that the federal government will be closed on Wed., Feb. 10, 2010. OPM Director John Berry talked earlier this week about how his makes his decision and about why he thinks teleworking is more important than ever.
A new survey from FedScoop shows that the federal government is still really lacking when compared to the private sector in terms of empowering employees to telework.
Now that the worst of the weather has passed, the Office of Personnel Management and the Obama administration are looking at lessons learned regarding the federal government's teleworking policies.
Authors Evan Offstein and Jason Morwick explain how you can make telework really work for you.
Car Free Day tries to encourage people to get around without using cars.
Federal News Radio told you about OPM's pilot program, ROWE, which would let certain feds work whenever they want, from wherever they want. The Daily Debrief has analysis as to why this program could change the way the federal government does business.
Berry tells Federal News Radio that he considered many factors before deciding to call for a delayed opening/unscheduled leave. He stressed that he was under no political pressure to do so, and expressed his desire to use the entire week as a reason to push for an increase in teleworking throughout the federal government.