Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: telecommunications
Telecommunications contract is second in series of consolidations
Networx solicitation expected this year as well for WAN
AT&T gets the go-ahead to offer Einstein V.1 under Networx
Agencies will not be able to purchase secure Internet portal services through the Networx telecommunications contract before August.
Oversight and Government Reform Committee was to have heard from GSA, Interagency Management Council and the five vendors. But lawmakers are attending Dorothy Height's funeral.
Tags: technology , contracting , Diane Watson , Martha Johnson , Sonny Bhagowalia , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , GSA , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Interior , OMB , Networx , FTS2001
System integration, bandwidth providing separate challenges
The agency is extending the FTS2001 bridge contract with four vendors for at least another six months. Most of the largest agencies have not fully transitioned to the telecommunications. GSA is readying several other contracts including for HSPD-12 services and strategic sourcing for wireless services.
Tags: contracting , industry , technology , Karl Krumbholz , Mike O'Neill , Patricia Waddell , Larry Hale , GSA , Sprint , Qwest , AT&T , Verizon , AFFIRM , Networx , FTS-2001 , schedule contracts , BetterBuy Wiki , SmartBUY , HSPD-12 , Networks 2020 , Connections , Jason Miller
Congressmen introduce legislation requiring agencies to transition to the new telecommunications contract from FTS2001 by May 2010. Towns said the government could lose $500 million because of the delays.
Agencies now have another 12 months to submit their transition plans and have GSA pay for the costs to move to the new telecommunications contract. GSA does an about-face after saying for the past year it would hold agencies to that Aug. 31 deadline. Congressman Towns to introduce legislation to require agencies to transition to Networx by June 2011.
Most mid- and small agencies missed the June 1 deadline to choose the Networx carrier to implement Managed Trusted IP Services. Some say part of the reason for the missed mandate is because GSA and DHS have approved only one MTIPS provider so far. OMB still wants agencies to have all traffic going through a TIC access point by Jan. 31.