Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: technology
The Pentagon is challenging a report that alleges new military prison photos show Iraqi prisoner abuse including sexual abuse. Pentagon spokesman Bryan Whitman said Britain's images were "completely miss characterized by Britain's Daily Telegraph." The newspaper reported one of the photos apparently shows an American soldier raping a female prisoner. Other photos reportedly showed acts of abuse using objects including a club and wire.
May 27th, 2009
Virtualization is on the "watch list" for IT professionals all over the Federal government. Lee Badger, a computer scientist at the National Institutes of Standards and Technology, is researching the ways virtualization can impact security, IT costs, and other aspects of running an IT operation. He told me about the work NIST is doing and how virtualization can help agencies meet their missions more effectively.
OMB drafting new guidance to let agencies use function to better understand citizen Web behavior. Draft policy includes opt-in option.