Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: technology
NOAA's National Geodetic Survey - the official U.S. government source for determining precise latitude, longitude and elevation - is undergoing a modernization effort that takes into account advances in GPS and other technologies. chief geodesist at NOAA, Dr. Dru Smith, tells us where we are with that.
We get a peek at current cutting-edge practices in integrated water-energy green buildings practices and the opportunities and challenges of bringing these practices to federal facilities from GSA's John Simpson
Vendors pessimistic that agencies can transition all services to Networx by June 2011. GSA says it will decide a few months before the contract ends whether to extend the current telecommunications contract.
Tags: contracting , Steve Kempf , Sanjeev Bhagowalia , Ed Towns , Darrell Issa , Jean Weinberg , Vivek Kundra , GSA , Interior , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , OMB , Interagency Management Council , Qwest , AT&T , Verizon , Diana Gowen , Don Herring , Susan Zeleniak , Networx , FTS 2001 , telecommunications , Jason Miller
The House Veterans Affairs Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations brought in officials from the GAO, the VA IG's Office, and the VA itself.
Blog post asks experts to contribute to cyber forum. Learn more in today's cybersecurity update.
WFED's Jason Miller reports from Capitol Hill.
Federal CIO Vivek Kundra explains that data.gov started out with only 47 data sets. Over the past year, the site has expanded immensely and has fostered the development of thousands of applications, and led to the creation of hundreds of worldwide communities.
Cyber security at the Veterans Affairs Department was slammed on Capitol Hill yesterday. The GAO explains why today.
Steve Radick of Booz Allen Hamilton has some ideas.