Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: tax
IRS commissioner Douglas Shulman warned Thursday of a disastrous tax filing season next year if Congress puts off dealing with tax cuts that are set to expire at the end of the year or have already expired.
Negotiations to renew a payroll tax cut for 160 million workers and jobless benefits for millions more kicked off on Capitol Hill on Tuesday, with both sides optimistic of an agreement despite last year's bitter battles over President Barack Obama's jobs proposals.
Alan Chvotkin is the vice president of the Professional Services Council.
Michael D. Yates
Author of "Why Unions Matter"
Director of Health Policy Research, Economic Policy Institute
President, AFGE SSA Local 3615
Cal Thomas, commentator
Mark Steber, Jackson Hewitt Tax Service chief tax administrator
Tags: Max Steber ,