Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: swine flu
What happens if the swine flu outbreak becomes an epidemic? Check out Senior Correspondent Mike Causey's column.
Swine Flu is on everyone's mind right now and the military is included. North Command did not respond to several requests for information about how they're handling the situation, but the Pentagon said in a statement they're monitoring this public health emergency very closely with the primary goal being to preserve the ability of servicemen and women and DoD civilians worldwide to provide for national defense and sustain current military operations worldwide. Essentially, force protection is their priority
"It's just another strain of the flu we haven't seen for a very long time," says Dr. Juanita Smith with Shady Grove Adventist Hospital.
Even though recent cases of H1N1 are down after two waves last year, a spokesman for the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene said it would not be surprising for this flu strain to surface again in a big way one or two more times.
With numerous cases suggesting the spread of swine flu on college campuses in recent weeks, medical experts continue to recommend preparation for a possible H1N1 pandemic this fall. The Undersecretary of Management for one of the largest Federal departments is ordering agencies to test teleworkers' abilities to work away from the office and review other continuity-of-operations planning all this week.