Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: sustainability
With a new tool, users can make informed decisions based on the best practices GSA has learned over many years of experience with sustainable building. GSA's Kevin Kampschroer explains how it works.
The Postal Service's sustainability measures are cutting energy usage across the board, and resulting in lower costs.
A study released Tuesday by the RAND Corporation finds that DoD's programs for developing renewable fuels will provide no military advantage. It also questions whether the Defense Department should be conducting the research at all.
Forget the OSCARS! The U.S. General Service Administration has recognized the best in public architecture and civilian federal workplaces at the 2010 GSA Design Awards. We get all the dish from Les Shepherd, GSA's Chief Architect.
Several agencies officials spoke about challenges they face in trying to green their organizations. Enlisting the help of the private sector, especially small businesses, may provide a solution.
DoD's Paul Yaroschak explains efforts at the agency to make products more green.
An informal working group reviewed 61 methodologies in the private sector for measuring the lifecycle cost of products. DoD's goal is to incorporate such a total cost of ownership approach for all products. The Pentagon eventually could make the process a standard.
Prefunding USPS pension plans, says the Postal Service, is breaking them. Lorie Nelson, with the USPS OIG, has some surprising findings.
Former head of the Coalition of Government Procurement, Larry Allen, discusses the move toward more sustainable government acquisition.