Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: sustainability
With a new tool, users can make informed decisions based on the best practices GSA has learned over many years of experience with sustainable building. GSA's Kevin Kampschroer explains how it works.
The Postal Service's sustainability measures are cutting energy usage across the board, and resulting in lower costs.
A study released Tuesday by the RAND Corporation finds that DoD's programs for developing renewable fuels will provide no military advantage. It also questions whether the Defense Department should be conducting the research at all.
Forget the OSCARS! The U.S. General Service Administration has recognized the best in public architecture and civilian federal workplaces at the 2010 GSA Design Awards. We get all the dish from Les Shepherd, GSA's Chief Architect.
Several agencies officials spoke about challenges they face in trying to green their organizations. Enlisting the help of the private sector, especially small businesses, may provide a solution.
DoD's Paul Yaroschak explains efforts at the agency to make products more green.
An informal working group reviewed 61 methodologies in the private sector for measuring the lifecycle cost of products. DoD's goal is to incorporate such a total cost of ownership approach for all products. The Pentagon eventually could make the process a standard.
Prefunding USPS pension plans, says the Postal Service, is breaking them. Lorie Nelson, with the USPS OIG, has some surprising findings.
Former head of the Coalition of Government Procurement, Larry Allen, discusses the move toward more sustainable government acquisition.