Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: sustainability
Host Roger Waldron is joined by Martha Johnson, administrator for the General Services Administration.
December 13, 2011(Encore presentation December 27, 2011)
Agency says these awards are recognition of its commitment to greening the government. GSA also using Recovery Act funding to install solar panels at federal facilities nationwide.
The Lebanon Medical Center in Pennsylvania is using a new dashboard to measure how it's implementing sustainability efforts. VA expects to save or avoid about $178,000 in the first year of the portal's use at the facility.
Ruth Ann Norton of Green and Healthy Homes Initiative explains how the organization works with federal agencies to increases sustainability in homes.
CDW-G's Andy Lausch discusses the findings of a report on green government initiative metrics for IT.
The Air Force is adopting what it calls a "New Energy Culture" to reduce the force's energy use.
The scorecards provide a benchmark on agencies' progress to meet the mandate. Each agency will update its sustainability plan based on its scorecard performance, according to a joint statement from the Office of Management and Budget and the White House Council on Environmental Quality.
Chris Dorobek talked to winner Kirit Amin, the Chief Information Officer at the Bureau of Consular Affairs.
The two agencies plan to implement healthier foods and sustainable options at all concessions in their buildings.