Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: supercommittee
Emily Pierce is Senate editor at Roll Call.
Steve Bell, the senior director of economic policy at the Bipartisan Policy Center, joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris to provide an update into how the supercommittee is coming along and what it all means for the federal budget and federal employees.
The White House wants to carve out the prescription drug piece and give OPM the ability to negotiate prices through a third party. But experts say this change would cost employees more money and be the first step toward dismantling the entire Federal Employee Health Benefit program.
Alexander Bolton of The Hill discusses the status of potential cuts to federal spending that supercommitte is considering.
Track recommendations on federal pay, benefits and retirement made to the supercommittee by top Congressional leaders and the White House.
Tags: management , budget , Congress , House , Senate , Elijah Cummings , Joe Lieberman , Susan Collins , Barack Obama , Darrell Issa , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , pay and benefits , retirement , workforce , hiring , deficit , Jolie Lee , Jack Moore
Top Republicans on the Senate Armed Services Committee are pressing Defense Secretary Leon Panetta to spell out the "devastating effects" to the military if a special bipartisan panel fails to produce a deficit-cutting plan and nearly $1 trillion in defense cuts kick in.
Senators John McCain and Lindsey Graham want Defense Secretary Leon Panetta to take a look at what a supercommittee failure would mean for the military.
Jessica Brady is a staff writer for Roll Call.