Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: super committee
Host Mike Causey will discuss the big issues facing feds with Federal News Radio's Francis Rose, Federal Times editor Steve Watkins and senior reporter Sean Reilly.
October 19, 2011
Tags: pay and benefits , pensions , Senior Executive Service , postal service , retirement , Francis Rose , In Depth , Federal Times , Steve Watkins , Sean Reilly , Mike Causey , Your Turn with Mike Causey
The House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform is getting into the mix of lawmakers making recommendations to the super committee. Its letter calls for cuts to federal retirements and workforce size.
A Senate committee is recommending the super committee consider one more year of a federal pay freeze, increases to retirement contributions and a 15 percent cut to contracting at agencies.
Tags: Congress , Susan Collins , Joe Lieberman , pay and benefits , pay freeze , budget , management , workforce , Jolie Lee , Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Government , senate homeland security and governmental affairs , senate homeland security and governmental affairs , Senate
House Democratic committee leaders are urging the Joint Select Committee on Deficit Reduction to avoid further cuts to federal pay and benefits.
According to certain twisted history buffs, somebody in April, 1865, asked Mrs. Abraham Lincoln how the liked the play at Ford's Theater. Federal workers may appreciate the irony of that sick joke later on today, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.