Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: succession planning
Linda Rix, co-CEO of Avue Technologies will discuss how uncertainty in the federal marketplace is stifling government innovation.
December 6, 2013 (Encore presentation December 13, 2013)
Linda Springer, former controller at the Office of Management and Budget, tells In Depth's Francis Rose why it's important for members across the C-Suite to work together.
Steve Potts of the Graduate School USA explains what agencies need to do to prepare for financial management succession planning. The interview is part of Federal News Radio's special report, Rise of the Money People.
The Office of Personnel Management wants more information on why members of the Senior Executive Service are leaving their jobs. It's hoping a new exit survey being distributed to departing SES employees will help agencies improve their retention, recruitment and succession planning efforts. OPM said it wants employees to be as candid as possible with their answers to the anonymous survey.
Jenny Mattingley hosts a rountable discussion on government training and leadership development.
February 22, 2013
Tags: workforce , leadership , federal managers , leadership development , management training , Todd Wells , Greg Stanford , Jenny Mattingley , Joe Schumacher , OPM , John Mattone , Federal Managers Association , Fed Talk
IRS, DoD and Interior all are pursuing an assortment of initiatives to prepare for personnel reductions. DoD will release an updated workforce strategic plan by 2015. The IRS is using an online assessment tool to measure how ready employees are to move into leadership positions. Interior is getting managers to understand their important role in workforce planning.
Catherine Emerson, the agency's chief human capital officer, said the annual turnover rate is only 1.35 percent for its 240,000 employees. She said new programs, called Cornerstone and Capstone, are trying to ensure employees have the leadership training necessary for the future. The Coast Guard also is increasing employee engagement as it prepares to move into its new headquarters at St. Elizabeth's in Washington.
Tags: Catherine Emerson , DHS , CHCO , workforce , recruitment , cybersecurity , diversity , morale , Manson Brown , Coast Guard , management , leadership training , Jason Miller , Francis Rose , Agency of the Month
Pressure is growing on agencies to draft formal succession plans. There's good reason to believe more feds retired in late 2011 than in recent years, although the final count is not yet out.