Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: strategic sourcing
Host Mark Amtower talks about the state of government contracting with Olessia Smotrova-Taylor, CEO of OST Global Solutions.
February 18, 2013
Tags: acquisition , contracting , proposals , RFP , SEWP , ITES , GWACs , APMP , Olessia Smotrova-Taylor , OST Global , LPTA , sequestration , budget cuts , OASIS , bids , Mark Amtower , Amtower Off Center
Joe Jordan, administrator for Federal Procurement Policy at OMB, joins host Roger Waldron to discuss a wide range of procurement issues.
January 29, 2013
Tags: acquisition , procurement , contracting , Joe Jordan , Federal Procurement Policy , OMB , FSSI , acquisition workforce , Small business contracting , Roger Waldron , Off the Shelf , Coalition for Government Procurement
Strategic sourcing is still causing some heartburn at agencies across government. But Steve Charles, co-founder and executive vice president of immixGroup, says strategic sourcing is going to have a breakthrough year in 2013.
Carolyn Alston and Bill Gormley from the Coalition for Government Procurement will discuss the procurement highlights and lowlights in 2012.
December 25, 2012 (Encore presentation January 1, 2013)
Tags: acquisition , contracting , procurement , Carolyn Alston , Bill Gormley , Coalition for Government Procurement , contract duplication , GSA , multiple award contracting , Roger Waldron , Off the Shelf
A new memo from acting OMB Director Jeff Zients to agency leaders codifies an interagency council to oversee the promotion and implementation of bulk buying. Each agency also must name a senior official to oversee their efforts.
Malcolm Jackson, the agency's CIO, said two new contracts for IT hardware and email will begin to transform the way EPA buys and uses technology.
November 29, 2012
Mark Day, director of the Office of Strategic Programs for GSA's Integrated Technology Service will give his thoughts on a variety of acquistion and management issues.
November 27, 2012
Tags: acquisition , contracting , procurement , Mark Day , Integrated Technology Services , GSA , IT management , GWACs , Alliant , AlliantSmall Business , cloud computing , cloud brokerage , Roger Waldron , Off the Shelf
A new request for information asks vendors at answer 10 questions about improving the strategic sourcing of commodity software titles. This is at least the fourth attempt to get more agencies using the enterprise software licensing initiative.
Acting Administrator Dan Tangherlini shifted responsibility for the troubled System for Award Management to the CIO's office and the Federal Acquisition Service and out of the Office of Governmentwide Policy. GSA is reconsidering all of its options, including possibly recompeting the contract for SAM. OASIS, Networks 2020 and changes to the schedules program also are making progress.
Tags: acquisition , industry , contracting , GSA , Mary Davie , Jeff Koses , System for Award Management , Coalition for Government Procurement , Networks 2020 , IBM , pricing variability , OASIS , Jason Miller
Sen. Tom Coburn's report on government waste details spending on 100 government projects, programs and initiatives at a cost of $18 billion. The report also points to potentially systemic issues affecting federal management, such as the lack of strategic sourcing in federal acquisition and the General Services Administration's outdated contract schedules.