Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: storage
Josh Stephens, vice president of Technology at J&J Solarwinds, joins host John Gilroy to talk about how his company can help you with common cloud issues.
February 7, 2012
Tags: technology , J&J Solarwinds , network management , management tools , cloud computing , applications , Virtualization , cybersecurity , Amazon , Rackspace , Josh Stephens , Thwack , information sharing , Gov 2.0 , information technology , records management , John Gilroy , Federal Tech Talk
This is the second attempt to award infrastructure-as-a-service contracts. GSA increase the security requirements to moderate level and requires all vendors to be certified through FedRAMP program.
A recent State of the Data Center Report found that storage needs are growing fastest for e-mail, collaboration data and file archiving. With unstructured information consuming a large percentage of an organization's storage, it is important to classify data, including information from messaging, file servers and collaborative systems, onto different tiers of cost-effective storage and into an archive. Archiving is critical to storage-tiering practice allowing you to move less-frequently used information from high-cost disk and archive to lower cost storage while maintaining accessibility. Symantec's archiving solutions automate retention and storage of e-mails, files, instant messages and other unstructured content in accordance with your IT policies. Benefits include reducing your data footprint, improved performance and scalability, greener IT, and increased end-user productivity.