Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: stimulus bill
A year ago this week, President Obama signed into law the Stimulus Bill, designed to kick-start the American economy.
Federal government retirees are eligible to receive a cash payment from the stimulus bill, due to be signed into law by President Obama Tuesday. The National Active and Retired Federal Employees Association (NARFE) fought to have the once excluded group added.
The White House, with the help of the General Services Administration, launched the site this morning. Sources say the site is using similar technology behind the USAspending.gov site to track federal contracts and grants.
The Senate passed its version of the economic stimulus bill, including billions of dollars in technology spending from broadband incentives to agency specific systems to health IT.
Tags: GAO , DoD , GSA , management , NOAA , SSA , HHS , NIH , USDA , Census , Health IT , David Obey , Jerry Lewis , House Appropriations Committee , IG , CDC , Army Corps of Engineers , federal spending , energy efficiency , modernization