Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: stimulus bill
A year ago this week, President Obama signed into law the Stimulus Bill, designed to kick-start the American economy.
Federal government retirees are eligible to receive a cash payment from the stimulus bill, due to be signed into law by President Obama Tuesday. The National Active and Retired Federal Employees Association (NARFE) fought to have the once excluded group added.
The White House, with the help of the General Services Administration, launched the site this morning. Sources say the site is using similar technology behind the USAspending.gov site to track federal contracts and grants.
The Senate passed its version of the economic stimulus bill, including billions of dollars in technology spending from broadband incentives to agency specific systems to health IT.
Tags: GAO , DoD , GSA , management , NOAA , SSA , HHS , NIH , USDA , Census , health IT , David Obey , Jerry Lewis , House Appropriations Committee , IG , CDC , Army Corps of Engineers , federal spending , energy efficiency , modernization