Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: standards
A new process promises more advance word on what the Pentagon wants from its military services, but demands they comply with common architectures. DoD said it is learning from development mistakes of the past.
The two agencies met this week to figure out how best to implement the recommendations in a white paper from ACT-IAC. The approach detailed in the document follows closely the methodology used to develop the NIEM and FICAM standards.
The tax agency earned level 3 certifications for the Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) and the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL). Terry Milholland, the IRS CTO, said the standard approach to developing IT systems will increase productivity and capacity, while also bringing in much needed discipline.
Terry Edwards, the director of the Office of the Chief Systems Engineer and chief information officer for the assistant secretary for acquisition, logistics and technology, said his office helps acquire technology and ensure standards are met.
November 1, 2012(Encore presentation December 27, 2012)
The Cybersecurity, Innovation and the Internet Economy report charges the Commerce Department with bringing together non-critical infrastructure businesses to improve the security of their computers and systems. This is the fourth cybersecurity strategy or proposal from the administration since April. Commerce will act as a convener to help create voluntary standards.
Tags: technology , Ari Schwartz , Commerce , NIST , Center for Democracy and Technology , Software and Information Industry Association , Greg Nojeim , Mark MacCarthy , cybersecurity , NSTIC , Jason Miller
Two draft documents released by the National Institute of Standards and Technology define and set guidelines for government cloud computing.
Agency awarded spots on the $5 billion technology services deal to 30 companies, including 15 small businesses. The contract is open to state and local governments, which receive grants from CDC. The goal is to promote standards and interoperability to share public health information.
Tags: technology , contracting , Jim Seligman , Thomas Frieden , CDC , technology services , state and local , interoperability , Small business contracting , multiple award contracting , Jason Miller
Vint Cerf of Google gives his thoughts on what the future holds for federal agencies in the cloud.
May 4, 2010