Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: spending cuts
On this week's Bloomberg Government Capital Impact show, analysts will discuss how the fiscal cliff crisis is impacting businesses. Also, what does the future look like for Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae?
December 13, 2012
Tags: acquisition , fiscal cliff , sequestration , Freddie Mac , Fannie Mae , Robert Litan , Tony Costello , deficit reduction , Congress , Nela Richardson , loans , Hurricane Sandy , Allen Scott , Bloomberg Government , Capital Impact
Allen Federal president Larry Allen joins host Mark Amtower to talk a wide range of government procurement issues.
September 19, 2011(Encore presentation October 24, 2011)
Tags: contracting , acquisition , procurement , Larry Allen , Allen Federal , OFPP , GAO , acquisition reform , marketing , business development , Joe Biden , FY 2011 budget , FY 2012 budget , continuing resolution , Mark Amtower , Amtower Off Center
The President signed an executive order Monday creating an oversight board to identify areas where agencies can eliminate or streamline.
Jeanne Cummings, assistant managing editor for Politico
As lawmakers look for ways to slash and save, critical funding for Metro could be at risk.
Republican leaders in the House are calling for even deeper budgets cuts by putting forward a plan that cuts about $60 billion to hundreds of federal programs for the seven months remaining in the current fiscal year.
Republicans plan to send President Barack Obama a message just a few hours before his State of the Union speech Tuesday.
The agency needs to lower IT contract costs to use money for staff and other mission-critical needs. Customs and Border Protection must deal with a several hundred million dollar technology budget cut while needing to update its infrastructure.
The Fiscal Commission issued its final set of recommendations detailing several that would affect federal employees. The panel suggested reducing the federal workforce by 200,000 employees over the next five years, changing the FEHB to a defined contribution premium program and several other short term changes.
Tags: management , White House , OMB , National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and R , Paul Posner , Robert Shea , Alice Rivlin , George Mason University , Grant Thornton , budget deficit , pay freeze , Jason Miller