Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: software-as-a-service
Special notice details requirements for software-as-a-service. Solicitation may be forthcoming.
Second RFI is same as June 19 version. GSA wants to give vendors another opportunity to respond.
Anyone attending the recent ACT-IAC Executive Leadership Conference in Williamsburg, Va., can tell you there was some great information on the future of cloud computing in government being announced and discussed at the event. This includes the news that the General Services Administration has issued a notice on FedBizOpps.gov for e-mail-as-a-service under the software-as-a-service platform. An industry [...]
CIO Rosio Alvarez said she soon will release a RFP to move the lab's ERP system to the cloud. Berkeley already moved its email to the cloud.
Agency issues RFP for e-mail through software-as-a-service. GSA asks for 39 mandatory services with the hope of reducing the cost and modernizing its systems. The new system could support as many as 30,000 users.
Agency plans to release a RFI for software-as-a-service in the next week, and a RFQ for infrastructure-as-a-service in the next month. GSA says it has learned from the previous acquisition attempts and will come out with strategies that better fit agency needs, and vendor offerings.