Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: social media
The General Services Administration has devised a social media guide for its employees. Federal News Radio spoke with Jacke Zeheir, director of the IT Policy & Compliance Division in the GSA CIO's office.
Take a look at some of the buzz about telework on Twitter.
Sunday night's news of the death of Osama bin Laden proved that people have established Twitter as a source for news - and sometimes their first source for news. But is the microblogging service influential enough for agencies to establish positions to oversee Twitter accounts?
To give insight on what military bloggers can and can't do is milblogger and retired Senior Master Sergeant Rex Temple of the Air Force.
Steve Ressler, founder and president of GovLoop, talks to Tom Temin about the current and future use of social media in government, and how social media changed the talk surrounding the potential shutdown.
Maryland Sen. Ron Young is the lead sponsor of a bill that would prevent employers from asking applicants or employees to provide access to social media accounts such as Facebook.
Agencies are increasingly using social media in their work. But platforms like Facebook and Twitter offer challenges to records management.
John Moore is founder and CEO of Government in the Lab. He's focused for years on open government strategy and he says the public sector isn't that far behind in social media.
More agencies are using content management system Drupal to build a web presence that aligns with their mission goals.
Social media and applications are now part of the emergency first-responders' toolkit.