Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: social media
Take a look at some of the buzz about telework on Twitter.
Sunday night's news of the death of Osama bin Laden proved that people have established Twitter as a source for news - and sometimes their first source for news. But is the microblogging service influential enough for agencies to establish positions to oversee Twitter accounts?
To give insight on what military bloggers can and can't do is milblogger and retired Senior Master Sergeant Rex Temple of the Air Force.
Steve Ressler, founder and president of GovLoop, talks to Tom Temin about the current and future use of social media in government, and how social media changed the talk surrounding the potential shutdown.
Maryland Sen. Ron Young is the lead sponsor of a bill that would prevent employers from asking applicants or employees to provide access to social media accounts such as Facebook.
Agencies are increasingly using social media in their work. But platforms like Facebook and Twitter offer challenges to records management.
John Moore is founder and CEO of Government in the Lab. He's focused for years on open government strategy and he says the public sector isn't that far behind in social media.
More agencies are using content management system Drupal to build a web presence that aligns with their mission goals.
Social media and applications are now part of the emergency first-responders' toolkit.
The Office of the Inspector General at the State Department examined social media use in 22 foreign embassies.