Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: snow plows
The D.C. region has yet to get hit with a real winter wallop, but all the pre-treating and minor storms are still gobbling up snow budgets.
Tags: snow , snow storm , plow , pre-treating roads , SHA , State Highway Administration , VDOT , Virginia Department of Transportation , DDOT , D.C. Department of Transportation , Department of Transportation , Adam Tuss
ABC 7 Meteorologist Alex Liggitt says the commute will still be a concern, especially farther east where there are predictions of more snow.
Some called it "snowmaggedon," others "snowpocalypse." Whatever the terminology, many area residents were left out in the cold last winter as it took some snow plows days to finally clear the overly drifted streets.
Arlington County is proposing a permanent snow removal ordinance after the Blizzard of 2010.
Local road crews have new approaches to dealing with snow this winter.