Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: snow
With snow expected, you may want to keep this information handy.
Even the most fervent snow hater can't get that angry about a White Christmas, and it looks like the D.C. area could get one this year.
While meteorologists monitored conflicting reports Friday, city and county officials cleared the streets. The sunshine and higher temperatures helped out.
Subfreezing temperatures and up to an inch of snow sticking to roads in parts of the WTOP listening area are causing slick and slippery conditions for the Tuesday morning commute.
The metro area saw less than an inch of snow accumulate.
For the complete forecast, check out WTOP.com's Weather Center and listen to traffic and weather on the 8s on 103.5 FM.
Some called it "snowmaggedon," others "snowpocalypse." Whatever the terminology, many area residents were left out in the cold last winter as it took some snow plows days to finally clear the overly drifted streets.
It's certainly starting to feel a lot like winter, and it may start to look like it too.
Don't get lulled into thinking it will be a winter without significant weather events. Meteorologist Doug Hill says the area will see more mixed rain and snow.
Some Montgomery County residents felt dumped on. As winter approaches, a forum will be held to explain how the county handles snow removal.