Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: smoking ban
No ifs, ands or butts. Smoking is an issue at many federal agencies. A lot of nonsmokers resent giving people time off for what they consider is an unhealthy, smelly habit. But smokers say what they are doing is no worse than people who overeat or use their government computers for some naughty purposes. Where there's smoke there's fire.
Tags: Mike Causey , smoking , workforce , pay and benefits , communication , efficiency in government , National Association of Active and Retired Federal Employees , Federal Dispute Resolution Conference
A new bill, introduced by Rep. Susan Davis (D-Calif.) would ban smoking in and near all federal buildings, closing a loophole that exempted many federal buildings from a 2008 directive banning smoking. Previous anti-smoking directives applied only to buildings under GSA's custody.
Some residents question how far the Frederick County town can go in regulating ignorance.
Tags: Emmitsburg ,
Montgomery County will consider expanding its existing ban on smoking to include common areas and playgrounds at condos and apartments.
Towson, Maryland' second-largest public university, is one of the first universities in the region to order a campuswide ban on smoking.
Tags: Towson University ,
The ban on smoking inside Fairfax County bus shelters goes into effect Dec. 1. Violators will face $25 fines.
The public will not get to vote on a proposed smoking ban on Ocean City beaches - yet.
Tags: Ocean City ,
Love the fresh air at the beach? The air on the beach in Ocean City could get even fresher.
Most of the men who sign up for the Frederick Rescue Mission's Christian-based residential recovery program have made several destructive decisions during their lives, said Kenny King.