Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: small business
Merrill Advisory Group
December 8th, 2008
The Morning Federal Newscast is a daily compilation of the stories you hear Federal Drive hosts Tom Temin and Amy Morris discuss throughout the show each day. The Newscast is designed to give FederalNewsRadio.com users more information about the stories you hear on the air.
A new Web portal will bring information on all federal agency services for small firms into one place. At the 29th Annual Minority Enterprise Development Week conference, White House officials highlighted how they are holding agencies accountable for meeting governmentwide small business goals.
Michael Weingarten, the director of the SBIR development center at the National Cancer Institute, joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris to explain how the program got started and why it's so important now.
Guy Timberlake, the co-founder and chief visionary of the American Small Business Coalition, joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris to discuss whether new OMB guidance will make a real difference.
NIST has published a guide to help small businesses and organizations understand how to provide basic security for their information, systems and networks.
Federal small business contracting under scrutiny. Analysis from American Small Business League president Lloyd Chapman.
Bill Elmore is the SBA's deputy associate administrator for the veterans office of business development. He told Federal News Radio how the Patriot Express program works.
The challenges of maintaining a mom-and-pop store in a big-box age are nothing new, but in an economy that has even giants such as Starbucks and Borders scaling back, keeping a small business alive takes hard work, creativity and sacrifice, local business owners and advisers said.