Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: small business
The Small Business Administration has published proposed regulations in the Federal Register, clarifying how agencies should include small-business contractors in multiple-award contracts.
Congressman Mick Mulvaney and Coalition for Government Procurement Chairman Bill Gormley will talk the challenges that small businesses face when trying to do business with the government.
May 15, 2012
Part of the Defense Department's new energy strategy is about getting more small businesses into the Pentagon's energy pipeline. Sharon Burke, the assistant secretary of Defense for operational energy plans and programs, discussed the Pentagon's energy strategy on In Depth with Francis Rose.
Some of the biggest contracts for small businesses are awarded to companies that are not that small, according to a recent report from the American Small Business League. Brian Reeder, the league's communications director, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the report's findings.
Rob Burton, a partner at Venable law firm and a former deputy administrator at the Office of Federal Procurement Policy, joined In Depth with Francis Rose
Some people who follow contracting say agencies are abusing small businesses through the reverse auction process. Raul Espinosa, the president of the Fairness in Procurement Initiative joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss why he believes agencies are abusing simplified acquisitions.
President Barack Obama will send Congress a bill in the coming weeks to reinstate the president's authority to consolidate agencies, said Lisa Brown, the Office of Management and Budget executive leading the government reform effort. She said the bill would require proposals to "reduce the number of agencies or save costs."
Steve Krause, a principal at Catalyst Partners, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss how steep defense cuts could actually play to smaller contractors' strengths.
Guy Timberlake, the chief visionary officer at the American Small Business Coalition, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the recently announced federal reorganization. Specifically, what will change on a day-to-day level — for agency employees and small-business owners — with the elevation of the Small Business Administration, to a Cabinet-level post.