Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: small business
The Obama administration has pushed agencies to increase contracting opportunities with small business, most notably creating a governmentwide task force to share best practices. Yet the federal government on a whole has continued to miss its 23 percent small business contracting goal. Federal News Radio examines this issue as part of our special report, The Obama Impact: Evaluating the Last Four Years.
In part 4 of Federal News Radio's special report, The Obama Impact: Evaluating the Last Four Years, we examine progress the administration has made in the acquisition arena. We rated one initiative as effective (green), three as ineffective (red) and two as more progress needed (yellow). View the details of each initiative through our interactive dashboard.
WomenAble CEO Julie Weeks joins host Mark Amtower to talk about her research on small business contractors and what they can do to earn more government business.
September 3, 2012(Encore presentation September 24, 2012)
Katacinski is the deputy for small business programs of the Naval Surface Warfare Center, Carderock Division.
Author Steve Koprince will talk about his book and the challenges facing small business contractors.
July 9, 2012(Encore presentation August 6, 2012)
SBA released data today that showed the amount of total dollars going to small firms is down as are the overall percentage of contracts small businesses won in 2011. Agencies made only one governmentwide goal for SDBs last year.
Companies specializing in health technology, surveillance and services for military special operations bucked the decline in federal contract spending last year, according to a Bloomberg Government report.
Tom Johnson, publisher of Set-Aside Alert talks about the challenges facing contractors.
July 2, 2012(Encore presentation August 20, 2012)
Tags: acquisition , contracting , government market , Tom Johnson , Set Aside Alert , set-asides , DoD , Department of Veteran Affairs , OMB , Mythbusters , IT procurements , Mark Amtower , Amtower Off Center
Procurement chief Joe Jordan and SBA Administrator Karen Mills highlighted three long-time challenges in a new memo to senior agency officials. Agencies have until July 9 to detail steps they will take to address three areas.
Guy Timberlake, chief visionary officer of the American Small Business Coalition joins host Mark Amtower to discuss what small business contractors can do to increase their business.
June 4, 2012