Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: sick leave
What do nuclear submarines or legacy jet fighters have to do with the plan to give FERS employees a major incentive to save their sick leave? Well, there is a link, according to Senior Correspondent Mike Causey, who says that Congress sometimes works in strange ways.
Proposed rule would give employees more flexibility in how they use their sick leave, and how much sick leave agencies could advance them. OPM also proposes to give employees with military spouses injured in the line of duty time off.
Administration working with lawmakers to give full federal benefits to domestic partners. Employee union calls sick leave change real progress.
Tags: pay and benefits , John Berry , Sen. Joseph Lieberman , Rep. Tammy Baldwin , OPM , White House , Jacqueline Simon , AFGE , domestic partner benefits , Long-term insurance , Anti-discrimination law