Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: shutdown
If you are worried about the effect of a shutdown on your paycheck, tax refund or Social Security check there are two informal hotlines (one for Republicans and one for Democrats) you can reach out to. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey requests you let us know how that works out, okay?
Federal News Radio is closely following the prospect of a federal shutdown and how it would affect federal workers.
Colleen Kelley, president of the National Treasury Employees Union talks about government shutdowns, and what happens if the federal government closes its doors.
April 6, 2011
A possible government shutdown could affect around 800,000 federal employees, a senior Obama administration official said today.
Republicans have been saying they get three bites at the apple at their attempt to cut spending, said Russell Berman, congressional reporter for The Hill.
A fast-approaching budget deadline is creating increasing anxiety among federal workers that government could shut down if Congress does not reach a deal.
The agency issued guidance to help employees understand specific pay and benefits questions. White House senior officials will meet again Wednesday to discuss budget proposals. House lawmakers also issued shutdown guidance.
Do you know what furlough-bait looks like? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says if you have a mirror handy it easy to find out.
AFGE says OMB failed to provide copies of shutdown contingency plans in response to a FOIA request last month.