Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: shared services
The Federal Chief Information Officers Council's shared-services implementation guide describes the new database of more than two dozen offerings for agencies in the commodity and support service IT areas. The document also provides metrics to ensure shared services are meeting the agency's needs.
From shared services and data-driven decision-making, to shrinking budgets and workforces, Federal News Radio's special report, Rise of the Money People, tracks the emerging trends in effective financial management at federal agencies, and the possible hurdles that stand in the way of saving even more money.
Kim McCoy, the bureau's chief information officer, said she's looking at how best to pre-position resources to get new agency financial management customers on board more quickly.
April 11, 2013
When it comes to saving money, shared services providers are the new "it" thing. As part of the special report, Rise of the Money People, Federal News Radio gets the inside scoop from the head of the Interior Business Center.
Danny Werfel, the OMB controller, will issue a new policy in the coming weeks that will mandate agencies simplify their requirements before upgrading their general ledger systems. The policy also will require agencies to strongly consider one of the four federal shared service providers. OMB said it has learned lessons from the previous attempts to move agencies into these common financial management infrastructures.
An exclusive Federal News Radio survey of federal CFOs and deputy CFOs finds 55 percent of the respondents rated spending money more wisely as their top priority. But at the same time, 36 percent rated moving to the Internet Payment Portal or other financial management shared services as their fourth highest priority. CFOs also say they are using data to make better decisions and budget reductions, not sequestration, is their biggest concern.
Tags: financial management , CFO Council , Adam Goldberg , Treasury , OMB , Office of Financial Innovation and Transformation , sequestration , budget , CFO survey , In Depth with Francis Rose , Jason Miller , exclusive
News and buzz in the acquisition and IT communities that you may have missed this week.
Tags: technology , acquisition , Jason Miller , cloud computing , OMB , DHS , GSA , Air Force , First Source 2 , industry , Small business contracting , financial management , Inside the Reporters Notebook
Malcolm Jackson, the agency's CIO, said two new contracts for IT hardware and email will begin to transform the way EPA buys and uses technology.
November 29, 2012
Frank Baitman, the HHS chief information officer, said the agency will move its HR systems to a shared services provider in the coming year. He said HHS also will issue a solicitation for cloud services in 2013.
November 15, 2012
Agency CIO Tony Trenkle said CMS is building the foundation for four enterprisewide applications, including identity management and an enterprise portal.
October 18, 2012